The "runner" that I am (insert chuckle), or at least the runner that I will be someday, wants to run a 5K this fall. I've gotten my brothers and sisters-in-law to agree to do it with me. So I've been trying to find a great location, between Philly and DC, on the right weekend. My mom had made the comment that it would start getting cold, and we should do it early. It makes sense, but I told her that runners do this all the time in chillier weather! We aren't real runners quite yet, but we can try to dress like them! I've known lots of runners and read a ton on running. Runners wear layers.
Inspired by this thought today.
So I don't have anything against Twittering, but I'm not so sure that anyone would really care what I was doing ALL day long…
- left the Braue house. it was a tough goodbye.
- said goodbye to a good friend for the 3rd time @ target today.
- stuck in construction traffic on southfield freeway; trying to get to pittsburgh!
- arrived at andrea and jason's house. can't wait to hang out with them.
- got a funky, tart-tasting frozen yogurt with andrea and jason. unique and tasty.
- jason made me a cool coffee drink with coffee and sweetened condensed milk.
- enjoyed breakfast with andrea and jason, then said goodbye!
- lots of construction on the route to dc.
- listening to crazy love-the audiobook…wrecklessly awesome book!
- lots of traffic just outside of dc-hope i make my 3:15 appointment!
- definitely not going to make my appt…not cool.
- just got denied my appt…i was 45 minutes late, after all! rescheduled for tomorrow morning.
- crap! just got a $100 parking ticket for parking at a meter on a street where apparently you can't park during rush hour. awesome. better yet-the tow truck was pulling up behind my car just as i walked over to it…
- met a couple of girls that i might get to live with. they're really cool.
- left to get a philly chicken cheesesteak (yum!); drove all around alexandria to check it out
- the girls i just met offered me a couch to sleep on tonight so i can go to my rescheduled appt in the morning! so grateful:)
- watching dancing with the stars for the first time ever. enjoyable!
- eating organic ice cream. very rich taste!
My friend and former coworker, Dana, taught me about "wake-ups". As teachers, we like to count
down to the free days of summer just as much as the kiddos! So she taught me to count down with "wake-ups". Starting about 20 school days out, I start posting on the board, "20 more wake-ups!"…then "19 more wake ups!"…and so on.