- I’m not really sure that this title makes sense
- I really love my class
- I still miss my old class
- They miss me-mostly because I made them pancakes:)
- My new class LOVES it when I read The BFG to them
- I have more ESL students than I ever thought I’d have
- I have a kid named Freddie who cracks me up to the core (I’m sure you’ll hear more about him)
- My friend’s dad passed away from cancer this morning…
- I’m really tired and trying to get over a cold
- Tonight I spilled coffee ALL OVER my shirt…sad
- It’s fun mentoring teachers! This year I’m an official mentor for 2 teachers-one that I informally mentored her first year, and one that’s brand new!
- It’s fun being officially mentored! I’ve had such a great experience watching Brian and Susan come into my classroom and show me how to do some of the things they’ve been talking about. What a cool thing to see myself becoming better, just because of that!
- As I’m growing into a better teacher, not only year by year, but (now) week by week, I realize how much I’ve really changed from my first year teaching. I’ve been making so many statements about things like curriculum and management and following them up with, "If First-Year-Teacher-Kim would’ve heard Fifth-Year-Teacher-Kim say that, she would’ve thought she was crazy…and maybe wanted to punch her in the face!" It’s hilarious how much my perspective has changed. I’m currently fighting to get the kid that barely speaks English and has zero parent support at home (who recently punched a girl in the face) into my class! Honestly, what’s happened to me? 🙂
- Tomorrow I get to take a girl’s senior pictures!
- I wish that I had more time to write right now-perhaps I’ll continue later.
4 thoughts on “Some Thoughts of Late”
I LOVE The BFG! I remember my teacher reading it to me! I don’t remember which teacher, tho. I guess the book was more memorable than the teacher. That’s sad. But, that’s not true of you. At least not by the sounds of it. I searched for it about a year ago. I didn’t remember the title, but I found it and re-read it. And then I read all the other books Roald Dahl wrote. Great book, great author! I really like his autobiographies. I think there were two.
Oh! I’m at home sick with the kids today. Chris had to go to church alone. 😦 We all caught something, too.
hah! i was wondering:)
Kim – Regarding #8….. very sorry to hear this news…… my condolences and prayers for your friend and their family.