I woke up this morning and realized it was the 11th. Every time I realize it’s the 11th of any month I automatically calculate how many months until my birthday, which is on the 11th of the greatest month ever.
I will turn 35 in 3 months.
Excitement that my birthday was only a quarter away, joined with the utter disgust for how enormous I look, and the sheer terror that my actual age will be close to 40 all drew me to one conclusion.
I need to lose 35 pounds by the time I turn 35. Really-that’s all I came to.
I can do this.
Perhaps I should add onto that:
- read 35 books of the Bible
- go to bed on-time 35 times
- NOT have Starbucks 35 times
- run 35 times (which would help with the original goal)
- write 35 thank you notes
- take 35 midday walks during work
- oooooo….write 35 blog posts